Our Chaplaincy team are elected just before Easter, each year, from Years 5 and 6. The children have to apply in writing, outlining why they would make a good chaplain and what they could bring to the role.
Our Chaplaincy team are responsible for ensuring Altars are set out correctly around the school, and assisting classes with liturgy preparation. The Chaplaincy team help to set up before Mass and ensure readings and any resources are prepared.
Our New Chaplaincy Team - Year 2016 - 2017:
Chaplaincy Team: 2015 – 2016
Last year our Chaplaincy Team achieved a great deal!
- Been commissioned in a special Mass with other schools in the Blessed Cypriot Tansey Trust
- Participated in 2 retreat days with 6 other primary schools
- Led 2 whole school Liturgies
- Help other classes with their liturgy preparation
- Established “Chaplaincy Corner”
- Ran a lunchtime prayer club
- Prepared and organised “Advent prayer packs” which every child in the school has taken home
What do you like about being part of the Chaplaincy Team?
- I like being able to help children understand the stories in the Bible. Franek
- I like being part of the Chaplaincy Team and it has helped me learn more about Jesus. Zoltan
- I enjoy helping others with RE and being in charge of the Advent packs. Oliwia
- I like being able to plan liturgies with other classes and take part in whole school assembles. Faith
- I love being part of the Chaplaincy team because I got to go to the Bishop’s Mass and I also get to think more about Jesus every day. Anna
- I enjoy being involved in class masses. Katie
- I enjoy the Chaplaincy team because I get to find out new things about RE which I didn’t already know. Alfie
- I like being part of the Chaplaincy Team because I get to say more prayers than usual.
- I like helping others and I know they rely and believe in me to do a good job. Amelka
- I have a role in the Chaplaincy team and I can help people when they are going through difficult times. Cecelia